What Kind of Man Is He?
AS A MAN I CAN LIVE THIS WAY OR THAT. WHICH WILL IT BE?
Save, O Lord, for the godly one is gone; for the faithful have vanished from among the children of man.
1. I CAN CHOOSE TO LIVE LIKE GOD “FAITHFUL TO HIM”.
Everyone utters lies to his neighbor; with flattering lips and a double heart they speak.
2. I CAN DECEIVE WITH MY LIPS, OR REALLY, WITH MY LIFE. IT WILL DENY I HAVE GOD AS MASTER OVER ME.
May the Lord cut off all flattering lips, the tongue that makes great boasts, those who say, “With our tongue we will prevail, our lips are with us; who is master over us?”
3. I CAN STEAL FROM ANOTHER’S WEALTH AND BE JUDGED BY GOD IN HEAVEN (IS THIS NOT WHAT GOVERNMENT DOES WITH THE PEOPLE’S MONEY?) AND THEN WATCH GOD JUDGE ME AND HIMSELF DEFEND THEIR CAUSE?
“Because the poor are plundered, because the needy groan, I will now arise,” says the Lord; “I will place him in the safety for which he longs.”
4. I CAN TWIST THE WORDS GOD HAS GIVEN FOR MY HEALTH WEALTH AND PROSPERITY SINCE THEY ARE HIGHLY DEPENDABLE AND TRIED AND TRUE, OR I CAN EMBRACE THEM AND BE TRANSFORMED CONTINUOUSLY THE REST OF MY LIFE AND THUS BECOME GODLY!
The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times.
5. IF I CHOOSE NOT GODLINESS I WILL BE JUDGED BY GOD, AND BE SEPARATED FROM THEM NOW AND MAYBE EVEN FOREVER IF IF RECEIVE NOT FORGIVENESS THAT IS TRULY ETERNAL.
You, O Lord, will keep them; you will guard us from this generation forever. On every side the wicked prowl, as vileness is exalted among the children of man.
CONCLUSION: IF I CHOOSE GODLINESS I WILL BE GUARDED FROM THE VILENESS ALL AROUND ME BEING EXALTED BY MEN BUT CALLED VILENESS BY GOD. PRETTY CLEAR CHOICE WHEN REVEALED LIKE THAT, RIGHT?
(Psalm 12:1-8 ESV)
I’m not trying to be preachy, just ‘thinkin out loud,’ on how I can be better than multitudes around me who do not know what they are doing, by making some thought- out choices that take some courage not evident by many today!