Bible Study: Will You Be Ready? Riverside Health Care Center
From the Desk of C. Pat Lanyon Month of Feb, 2015
In a literal sense we have been studying the Kingdom of America in our American History and Constitution Classes for 10 months, though we’d never want to call it that after realizing what the forefather’s intended that ‘kingdom’ to be.
Still we realize it has pictured also the coming Kingdom of God in a very small way. And we are realizing in these studies no kingdom is set in permanent peace. So we’d like to state this:
There is need to be prepared for future times of distress right here in America, and learning how to do so is revealed in scripture for us. This is because we live in a fallen world, and because “there is coming The Kingdom of God” which is our model for a noble nation where ever it may be established. And more importantly, we need to be sure we’re ready for that Kingdom.
And In America we have received many warnings for our nation. So many we’re tired of them all. But there is a price to pay for ignoring them and it is much too high to continue to do so.
Will you and I be ready for the future in America? More importantly however, ready for God’s Kingdom coming?
Most Will Not Be Ready for The Kingdom of God Which IS Coming
(29) Then He spoke to them a parable: “Look at the fig tree, and all the trees.
(30) When they are already budding, you see and know for yourselves that summer is now near.
THE WARNING FROM SIGNS
(31) So you also, when you see these things happening, know that the kingdom of God is near.
THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS REAL
Preparing for it is possible and even vital. One source I was reading from has given 43 signs that Jesus Christ is coming from scripture! You may see it linked below and taken from http://www.raptureforums.com.
What if you were to see a newspaper article about a bank saying it will become solvent in 3 days? This a probably the closest thing to a ‘sign’ that you need to make an immediate withdrawal if it is your bank, but unless you immediately withdraw all your funds, the sign really means nothing to the average individual!
The coming of Jesus Christ to many is not important for certain, but signs of His coming are important to acknowledge for the sake of the spiritual eternity that lies ahead in God’s eternal nation for you my friend.
A select twelve of these 43 signs are given below:
1. The gospel preached to all peoples. MT 24:14;
2. Scoffers making fun of the second coming and/or the rapture. 2 Pe 3:3-4, 1 Thess 4:16-18;
3. Men will be denying the world-wide flood of Noah. 2Pe 3:5-6;
4. Deadly diseases on a global scale. MT 24:7;
5. The beginnings of a global government. DA 7:23, 9:26; Israel functioning as a nation. (Since 1948, EZ 37:1-14)
6. Israel totally surrounded by enemies. PS 83:4;
7. Homosexuality flaunted worldwide. LK 17:28-30;
8. Possession of Jerusalem an international conflict. ZECH 12:3;
9. Evil men, seducers and deceivers will dramatically increase. 2TI 3:13;
10. Wars and rumors of wars world-wide. MT 24:6;
11. One nation amassing a 200 million soldier army (China in 2004 had 208M). RE 9:16;
12. Earth’s environment threatened (global warming). RO 8:21-23 ‘whole creation groans and travails in pain’
(32) Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all things take place.
EVERY GENERATION NEEDS THIS MESSAGE
Now you’re saying that the generation who heard these words has already passed away, but have we ever thought that these words were meant for every one, any generation, who would be waiting for this imminent event that is without an actual set date? This definitely is in keeping with a message that will by no means pass away!
(33) Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.
THE DIMENSION OF SCRIPTURE EXTENDS BEYOND “TIME!”
(34) “But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly.
JESUS KNOW THE PROPENSITY OF THE HEART OF MAN.
(35) For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth.
SO THE FUTURE CAN BE A SNARE, A TRAP TO HIM!
(36) Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.” – Luke 21:29-36
STRENGTH IS POSSIBLE TO STAND, AND TO ESCAPE — A SOVEREIGN GOD IS BEHIND ALL HIS ELECT.
A. WATCH – Be alert for the signs announcing His Kingdom. (MK 13:33, 14:38)
B. PRAY – Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. (James 4:8)
C. STAND – the work of a Soldier in full Armor (Ephesians 6: 10-18)
By repenting of sin, and believing you will find your place in His Kingdom. By watching, praying, and standing, you will enhance your prayers for America, and specific answers will follow!